Maderoterapia (Wood Therapy)
Maderoterapia (Wood Therapy)
Maderoterapia (Wood therapy) has been practiced for centuries originating in the oriental countries. In the 90s the country of Colombia perfected the tools to a smoother finish and developed unique technique for many kinds of therapies. They also gave the name Maderoterapia, since Madera means wood in Spanish. Maderoterapia became a worldwide synonym for Wood Therapy as a new, revolutionary massage technique. This new technique contours the body with wood tools to improve the body’s appearance and is used now as an alternative technique to the usual anti cellulite massage.
What is Wood Therapy?
Wood Therapy is an effortless and efficient way of contouring the body without harming the skin or tissue. The wood elements come in different sizes and shapes and each Wooden instrument has a specific use for a particular area of the body. Wood Therapy helps fight cellulite on the body leaving it silky and smooth. Wood Therapy will tone, reduce, mold, and eliminate stored fat in different parts of the body.
Wood Therapy intensifies the breakdown of fat and fibrous cellulite, so that it can be eliminated naturally with other toxins. This technique employs repetitive movements using different wooden instruments to manipulate targeted areas of muscle, fat and cellulite, stimulating the lymphatic drainage system to remove unnecessary water, fat and toxins from the body. A series of 10-15 treatments is necessary to achieve the desired results.
Benefits & Results
- Natural, non-invasive
- Activates lymphatic system
- Reduces/fights/combats water retention and removes toxins from the body
- Speeds up metabolism
- Breaks down cellulite
- Reduces size (“Muffin tops”, “Love handles”, ”Saddlebags” on thighs etc.)
- Defines arms and legs
- Tones and tightens skin
- Firms thighs and buttocks
Maderoterapia (Wood Therapy) Treatment Plan
The technique employs a series of repetitive movements using more than a dozen different wooden implements. These implements manipulate targeted areas of muscle, fat and cellulite, stimulating the lymphatic drainage system to rid the body of stored toxins. This jump starts metabolism to burn fat. The manipulation serves to release toxins and break down stubborn pockets of cellulite, thereby shrinking disproportionate bulges and smoothing orange-peel dimples.
Contraindications to treatment
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Psoriasis or eczem
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bells palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections